Nowadays, college is very expensive for students. Tuition costs have skyrocketed. Other expenses like housing and transportation have also gone up a lot. Many students struggle to pay these high costs so they can get an education and pursue their career dreams. Students who go to college far from their families often face even more challenges and expenses. They may worry about handling these extra costs and being far away from home.
|Out-of-State Student Scholarship
|$1,000 each semester
|18 February 2024
Fawell & Fawell
We know the problems students face when they go to college in another state, so we made a scholarship called the “Fawell & Fawell Out-of-State Student Scholarship.” We give $1,000 each semester to a student who qualifies and is studying in a state different from where they went to high school or where their parents live. Winners can use the money for things like tuition, housing, and transportation.
To qualify, you must:
- Attend a college in a state different from where you went to high school or where your parents live.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher from your most recent semester.
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.
Fawell & Fawell Scholarship Benefits
The Fawell & Fawell Out-of-State Student Scholarship gives $1,000 each semester to a student who qualifies and studies in a different state from their high school or their parents. Winners can use this money for tuition, housing, education, or transportation expenses.
To apply for the scholarship, students should visit the website and fill out a form. They need to provide documents to prove they’re from another state, show they’re enrolled, and share their GPA. You can use things like an acceptance letter and school grades.
You’ll also need to write an essay of 200 to 300 words answering these questions:
- What problems have you faced as an out-of-state student?
- Did it bother you to leave your family and adjust to a new place?
- How will you overcome these challenges and do well in your studies?