On Small Business Travel News we bring to you the new update on NCDC Portal to ease your travel stress and keep you updated on all travel information for your safety.
As you know, the NCDC to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 has finally launched the Nigerian International Travel Portal on September 8th, 2020. NCDC stands for Nigeria Centre For Disease Control Travel Portal.
They did this to assist international travelers on where to get tested and make payments because they are committed to protecting the health of Nigerians.
Meanwhile, the recent update was due to many challenges travelers were having on the Nigerian International Travel Portal such as difficulty in making payment and generating QR code.
NCDC Portal: Covid-19 Negative PCR Test For Travelers
Just before the new NITP went live on the September 8th, travelers were moving in and out of Nigeria since the reopening of the domestic and International airports in August 2020 with their COVID-19 Negative PCR test result.
For countries that require a PCR Negative result, travelers add it as a supporting travel document. The test is expected to be taken not more than 120 hours before the date of travel for arriving Nigerians (travelers coming INTO Nigeria).
As you might expect, when the Nigerian International Travel NCDC Portal went live, travelers were mandated to have a repeat COVID-19 test online. Of course, they are to select an appointment date and laboratory of their choice on the NCDC portal.
Importantly, the test must be done 7 days after arrival in Nigeria plus an online payment will be made. You will bet with me that this is a welcome development in eradicating COVID-19 spread and digitalizing our nation.
How Does The NCDC Portal Work?
For the arriving OR departing Nigerians travelers as I stated earlier but in a more detailed way now, they are to do the following:
- Visit the NITP website NCDC portal before your trip to Nigeria and fill out the PRE-BOARDING HEALTH DECLARATION and SCREENING FORM. Also, upload your COVID-19 Negative PCR test result taken not more than 120 hours before your travel date on the portal.
- Departing Nigerians leaving to countries that require a PCR Negative result should visit the site and fill out the passenger’s Self-Reporting form.
- Arriving Nigerians are to select an appointment date and laboratory for your repeat COVID-19 test which will be done 7 days after your arrival in Nigeria. Also, you will make an online payment for the test.
- Departing Nigerians should also do the same for their COVID-19 test. In this case, is not a repeat test but the information on your host country will help you know what next to do to meet their COVID-19 travel process.
- You can either download a copy of the access code from the QR code menu after payment confirmation or generate a temporary QR document that may be used to board a flight and pay on arrival.
Lastly, visit your selected laboratory on the day of your appointment to take the post-arrival COVID-19 test. The test result will be sent via email. This is the same with OUTBOUND TRAVELERS but in this case, not a post-arrival test.
NCDC NEW UPDATE!
Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority allows passengers to Nigeria without repeat test payment online
Due to the challenges, the newly launched Nigerian International Travel NCDC Portal to travelers in terms of making payment and generating QR code NCDC has been working tirelessly to ensure the issue is resolved.
They are working alongside the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 (PTF-COVID-19), the Coalition against COVID-19 other relevant stakeholder’s stakeholder.
In the meantime, “the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority has notified all airlines those passengers to Nigeria who are unable to pay for the repeat test online, should be allowed to board the aircraft if they have a valid COVID-19 PCR Negative Test.”
- Departing Nigerians will only receive a payment receipt confirming your appointment.
But that’s not all; NCAA also noted that it is “mandatory for travelers to carry out a COVID-19 test at least 96 hours before travel to Nigeria.”
More so, they should upload the result on the portal NCDC website as soon as it is received. You are to do this before proceeding to the airport for departure.
NOTE THAT passengers will be required to pay for their repeat test on arrival in Nigeria.
The Nigerian International Travel Portal is your go-to portal for COVID-19 test readiness in and out of Nigeria.
Due to the portal’s payment challenges, you are free to enter Nigeria without paying for the repeat test online.
Meanwhile, you are to upload your COVID-19 test result taken not less than 96 hours before travel to Nigeria on the portal.
Always visit Nigerian International Travel Portal or our site here, for further information as we will keep you updated.
Find the government Laboratories in Nigeria, here is the NCDC lab list.
FURTHER INQUIRIES SHOULD BE SENT TO: [email protected]
Also note that PAYMENT INQUIRIES should be sent to: [email protected]