Do you consider yourself to be a foreign African who is interested in working overseas and experiencing a new culture and breathtaking landscapes? If you’re looking for a career, New Zealand’s farms are the place to be.
Employers will sponsor your visa so you may work in the agriculture and farming industry, which is a fantastic opportunity for those from outside the United States. Planting and managing crops, harvesting, and fruit picking are just few of the many possible jobs.
You don’t need any farming expertise to seize this chance to try something new and make some cash.
Read on for details on what is included in being a farm worker in New Zealand, who qualifies, and the application process.
About New Zealand Farm Working Jobs
Employment opportunities in New Zealand’s agricultural and farming sector are open to foreign nationals. Seasonal work with visa sponsorship from a variety of enterprises and employers.
Wage for New Zealand Farm Working Jobs
Pay for farm work in New Zealand varies by employer, position, and region. In New Zealand, a farm worker might earn anywhere from NZD $22.10 per hour up to NZD $25.50 per hour, depending on their level of experience and expertise. However, farm work often pays by the hour, so your take-home pay could hinge on how efficiently you put in your time. In addition to a salary, some companies may provide fringe benefits such as housing or transit subsidies.
Qualifications for New Zealand Farm job
To be eligible for New Zealand Farm Working Jobs, you must meet certain qualifications. Here are the basic requirements:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to work in New Zealand.
- Good health: You must be in good physical health as farm work can be physically demanding.
- Good character: You must be of good character and provide a Good Character Certificate.
- Job offer: You must have a job offer from an accredited Recognized Seasonal Employer (RSE) in New Zealand.
- Seasonal Work Visa: You must apply for a Seasonal Work Visa after securing a job offer.
- Experience: While experience is not always required, having previous farm work experience can be an advantage in getting hired.
Working as a farm worker in New Zealand comes with several benefits. Some of the major benefits include:
- Competitive Wages: New Zealand has a minimum wage that applies to all employees, including farm workers. In addition to the minimum wage, most farm workers are paid on an hourly basis, which means that the more you work, the more you earn.
- Visa Sponsorship: One of the biggest advantages of working as a farm worker in New Zealand is that employers usually provide visa sponsorship to foreign workers. This means that you don’t have to worry about obtaining a visa on your own, as your employer will help you with the process.
- Beautiful Scenery: New Zealand is known for its breathtaking landscapes and natural beauty. By working on a farm, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the country’s stunning scenery while earning money.
- Cultural Experience: New Zealand is a multicultural country, and by working on a farm, you’ll have the opportunity to meet people from different cultures and learn about their way of life.
- Seasonal Work: Most farm working jobs in New Zealand are seasonal, which means that you can work during the busy season and take time off during the off-season to explore the country or pursue other interests.
- Skill Development: Working on a farm can teach you valuable skills such as teamwork, time management, and problem-solving. These skills can be useful in other areas of your life and career.
- Work-life Balance: Farm working jobs in New Zealand typically offer a good work-life balance, with most employers adhering to the legal working hours and providing adequate rest breaks. This allows you to work hard during the busy season and enjoy your time off during the off-season.
how to apply
To apply for New Zealand Farm Working Jobs, you first need to secure a job offer from any of the legal employers in New Zealand. A list of accredited Recognized Seasonal Employers (RSE) issued by the New Zealand Government contains the names of companies that sponsor these jobs.
Some of them are given below;
- AB Wood Holdings Limited
- Ace Viticulture Ltd
- Aeneid Seventeen Limited
- Agworks Ltd
- Alapa Viticultural Services Ltd
- Amberland Orchards Ltd
- AO & JM Drummond T/A The Pines
- Aongatete Avocados Limited
- Apata Group Limited
- Apatu Farms Ltd
More list here, Recognised Seasonal Employers
In conclusion, farm labor positions in New Zealand provide an excellent opportunity for foreign nationals to gain experience in the agricultural and farming sector while also seeing the stunning country for themselves. These positions sponsor visas, making it simple for international candidates to apply and begin working in their desired field.
Follow us on TWITTER
If you like what we do, support us by sharing❤️