Master Scholarships for African Students with the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program – Do you wish to come to Canada to study but fear you cannot afford it? It’s easy to understand why Canada is such a popular choice for international students, and the good news is that there are a number of scholarships open to African students struggling financially to make studying in Canada a reality, including the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
It is no news that Canada is a good country to study in thanks to its high standard of living, hospitable culture, and collection of top-tier educational institutions. However, without proper funding, a Canadian education might be out of reach for many students.
With the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, make the dream of international students studying in Canada a reality.
If you want to know all about the program, keep reading!
About The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
The scholarship is run by a group of Canadian universities which includes the following universities; University of British Columbia, McGill University, the University of Toronto, and the University of Waterloo.
All of these schools are highly regarded places of higher education in Canada, with an unwavering dedication to academic success, creativity, and social duty.
You may be eligible for the Scholars Program. However, before you apply, it’s important to understand the eligibility requirements. Here are the requirements you need to meet to be considered for this scholarship:
- You must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- You must be accepted into a master’s degree program at one of the participating Canadian universities.
- You must demonstrate academic excellence and have a strong academic record.
- You must demonstrate leadership potential and a commitment to making a positive impact on your community.
- You must have completed a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- You must demonstrate financial need and show that you have limited access to funding for post-secondary education.
If you meet these requirements, you may be a strong candidate for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.
Value of the Scholarship
- The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition and other mandatory fees associated with the program of study.
- The scholarship provides for economy class airfare to and from Canada at the beginning and end of the program.
- The scholarship covers the cost of accommodation, either on or off-campus, for the duration of the program.
- The scholarship provides a stipend to cover basic living expenses, such as food, clothing, and books.
Follow the guidelines below:
- Before applying for the scholarship, you must apply to a Canadian institution.
- After being accepted into a participating university’s master’s program, you can apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program. This will include multiple essay questions and asks for academic, leadership, and community experience.
- Income statements and bank statements are needed to prove your financial requirement.
- University and program determine scholarship application deadlines. Apply for the scholarship on time.
Following these rules will help you apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and earn this significant prize.
Depending on the university scholars program has different application dates. Before the program starts, deadlines are usually around November or December. However, students should check the institution and program’s websites for application deadlines.
How to apply
You may learn more about the scholars program and the universities that take part by visiting the official websites of those institutions.
To apply for the program, students must first apply for admission to the university and then complete the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program application.
- University of British Columbia: Click here
- McGill University: Click here
- University of Toronto: Click here
- University of Waterloo: Click here
In conclusion, the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides a terrific opportunity for African master’s students in Canada. Scholars get financial aid, academic support, leadership training, community service, and networking opportunities.
Follow us on TWITTER
If you like what we do, support us by sharing❤️