Youth Entrepreneurship Support Programme Loan 2023 – If you’re a young Nigerian entrepreneur that needs money to get started or expand, you may want to check out this article. Good news, I have it for you! To meet the unique financing needs of Nigeria’s young business owners, the Bank of Industry (BOI) has launched the Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Programme.
For young individuals without extensive savings, the prospect of starting and expanding a business can be particularly scary. However, the YES Programme seeks to empower young entrepreneurs by giving them access to capital, technical support, capacity building, networking opportunities, and market connections. Entrepreneurship is crucial for economic growth and development.
In this essay, we’ll go into the YES Programme and its goals, requirements, and perks. To help you take advantage of this great chance, we will also walk you through the application procedure. So unwind, and let’s get into the topic of empowering young Nigerian entrepreneurs.
About Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES)
The Bank of Industry (BOI) has created a loan program called the Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Programme to help young company owners in Nigeria get the funding they need to launch and expand their operations. The goal of the initiative is to boost the Nigerian economy by encouraging the development of small and medium-sized businesses.
The YES Programme seeks to do four things. The primary objective is to give young people a leg up in the economic world by supplying them with seed capital. Second, it hopes to improve the job market for young Nigerians in the service, industrial, and agricultural sectors. Thirdly, it supports novel and creative company strategies by giving financial backing for them. Finally, the program helps the economy thrive by encouraging the expansion of small and medium-sized businesses in Nigeria.
Value of Loan
The YES Programme helps young company owners in Nigeria get low-interest loans to get their ventures off the ground. Based on the applicant’s financial situation and the potential of their business plan, the program provides loans of between N250,000 and N5,000,000.
Several criteria, including the type of business, the amount of cash needed to launch or expand the company, and the borrower’s financial stability, will determine the size of the loan. The loan duration can be from one to five years, and there is a six-month grace period before the principle is due.
Loans from the YES Programme have a lower interest rate than those given by commercial banks in Nigeria, at just 9% per year. The low interest rate of the YES Programme loan makes it more feasible for young business owners to take advantage of the program, especially those who lack the collateral required to take out a loan from a commercial bank.
Benefits of the YES Programme
The YES Programme offers several benefits to young entrepreneurs in Nigeria, including:
- Access to affordable loans: The programme provides young entrepreneurs with access to affordable loans to start and grow their businesses.
- Technical support: The YES Programme offers technical support to young entrepreneurs in the areas of business management, marketing, and financial management.
- Capacity building: The programme provides capacity building to young entrepreneurs through training workshops, seminars, and mentorship programmes.
- Networking opportunities: The YES Programme provides young entrepreneurs with networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs, investors, and business leaders in Nigeria.
- Market linkages: The programme offers market linkages to young entrepreneurs by connecting them with potential customers, suppliers, and distributors.
To be eligible for the YES Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 and 35 years.
- Have a viable business idea in the areas of agriculture, manufacturing, or services.
- Possess a minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or its equivalent.
- Have a guarantor who is a Nigerian citizen.
- Have a bank account with a Bank Verification Number (BVN).
The application process for the YES Programme is straightforward and easy to follow. Here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the Bank of Industry website and download the YES Programme application form.
- Fill out the application form with accurate and verifiable information.
- Attach all necessary documents, including a business plan, guarantor’s form, and identity card.
- Submit the application form and supporting documents to the Bank of Industry office nearest to you.
- Await feedback from the Bank of Industry regarding the status of your application.
How to Apply
The official website of the Bank of Industry (BOI) provides information about the YES Programme and the application process. Interested applicants can visit the BOI website to download the YES Programme application form, read the eligibility criteria and guidelines, and submit their application online.
Here is the link to the Bank of Industry website
To apply for the YES Programme, applicants can follow the steps below:
- Visit the BOI website using the link provided above.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button on the YES Programme page.
- Create an account on the BOI portal by providing your name, email address, and password.
- Log in to your account and complete the YES Programme application form.
- Upload all necessary documents, including a business plan, guarantor’s form, and identity card.
- Submit your application and await feedback regarding the status of your application.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Programme application deadlines are not fixed as the programme accepts applications all year round.
However, it is important to note that the YES Programme is highly competitive, and the application process can take some time. Therefore, interested applicants are advised to submit their applications as early as possible to avoid missing out on the opportunity.
In conclusion, the Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Programme is a loan scheme established by the Bank of Industry to provide young entrepreneurs in Nigeria with access to affordable loans to start and grow their businesses. The programme offers loans ranging from N250,000 to N5,000,000, with a low-interest rate of 9% per annum and a repayment period of one to five years.