Having the right name on your JAMB profile is crucial for smooth sailing during the UTME registration and examination process. However, mistakes can happen during registration leading to name discrepancies between your JAMB profile and other documents. If not fixed in time, this can cause issues later on including disqualification.
Correcting your information in time can help avoid complications like being unable to get your result, change course/institution, or participate in the matriculation process later on.
Going through the proper channels to fix the errors promptly will ensure you have the right credentials for all exam-related activities.
Follow this guide properly to know how to update your name seamlessly so you can have one less thing to worry about before the JAMB exam.
In this post, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to correct your name on the JAMB portal after registration.
Correction of Names Instruction
The charge for name correction is ₦2,500
1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
4. Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar
5. Once selected, the menu item “Names” will be revealed. Click this.
6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
12. After entering the information correctly, your details will now appear.
13. Please provide the new information in the boxes provided.
14. After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
15. This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
16. Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
17. Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
18. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested
Having the correct name on your JAMB profile is crucial to avoid issues later on during the examination and university admission process. Minor spelling errors or name mismatches can lead to unnecessary complications if not fixed in time. We hope this guide was helpful.
Follow us on TWITTER
If you like what we do, support us by sharing❤️