The U.S. Department of State is now accepting applications for the 2024 TechGirls Exchange Program. This is an excellent opportunity for young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
The goal of the TechGirls program is to bring together talented female students from around the world. Participants will engage in academic activities and leadership development focused on STEM.
The fully-funded 7-month program will provide 111 students from over 37 countries the chance to enhance their STEM skills. Participants will spend 4 weeks in the United States at the University of Virginia.
Young women passionate about STEM fields are encouraged to apply to this program. It is a fantastic chance to work with like-minded students from across the globe. Please see below for more details on how to apply.
Summary: TechGirls Exchange Program
|Organization||U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs|
|Institute||University of Virginia|
|Deadline||8th December 2023|
Benefits of the TechGirls Program
The fully-funded TechGirls program provides:
- Accommodations allowance
- Visa fees covered
- International airfare covered
- Meals provided
- Freedom to practice religion
- Halal food available
- Local transportation
- Health and emergency insurance
- Access to cultural events
- Free education in the U.S.
- To be eligible, you must:
- Be 15-17 years old
- Be female
- Be mature and flexible
- Have strong English skills
- Want a career in technology
- Show advanced STEM skills
- Attend one semester of high school after returning home
- Meet U.S. J1 visa requirements
- Not have been to the U.S. on an exchange in the past 3 years
Be a citizen and resident of an eligible country:
- South Africa
- Costa Rica
- United States of America
- Recent photo
- School records/transcripts
- 8 essay questions
- Passport number
When will results be announced?
- All selected students will be notified in March 2024.
What is the program duration?
- It is 7 months total, with 4 weeks spent in the United States.
Follow us on TWITTER
If you like what we do, support us by sharing❤️